This week you will also be given an essay test. You will answer 2 questions. You will choose one questions from among the five questions below. Then you will use the two charts, painting and cartoon to explain mercantilism. Everyone must answer the mercantilism question.
The test is worth 100 points with each essay worth 50 points each.
Choose one of the following(at least 3-4 complete paragraphs):
- Explain the Triangular Trade & the Middle Passage.
- What were the factors & technology that led to the Age of Exploration. Explain
- What was the Columbian Exchange. Explain its impact good & bad on Europe/Africa/Asia & on the Americas.
- Explain the development of slavery in the Americas. Explain how Africans became slaves, the conditions they faced, the ways they resisted slavery & the effects of slavery on Africa, Europe, and the Americas.
- Explain the Scientific Revolution along with the Scientific Method. Explain how specific scientists applied the scientific method and how it impacts us today.
Then you will complete another essay on the following question. Everyone will be responsible for completing this essay in at least 3-4 paragraphs.
Explain mercantilism & the economics of the new colonies & the mother country using the charts, cartoon, and painting. Explain how each describes and illustrates mercantilism. All four are below.
This test must be completed by Friday. If you are not going to be in class Thursday or Friday then complete your exam and drop it off.
Next week you will take a Unit Exam.
Here you can download a copy of the Study Guide. I will not print copies of the study guide if you are going to complete the study guide you must either print your own copy of copy the study guide onto your own paper. The Study guide is worth 75 points.