Starting at the end of next week each class will have a Renaissance Day. On the assigned day you will be able to present a project, wear Renaissance dress and bring some Italian or Greek food to share with the class.
You may pick one of the projects below or come up with your own. If you have an idea for a project then present it to Mr. Leverett for approval. Some may be done in a group or individually.
- Plan a Tour of Italy. Organize a 5 day tour of Italy. Pick at least 5 cities you would visit. You can either present this as a Powerpoint Presentation or as a poster. What sites will you see, what food will you eat and where will you stay. Extra points can be obtained by dressing in local or traditional fashion.
- Make an Italy Door. Design the inside or outside door of Mr. Leverett’s door presenting the culture and history of Italy. You can present an overview of Italy or pick one aspect of Italy to focus upon.
- Italian Fashion Show. Present how fashions changed in Italy from the Roman Empire to present day by presenting a fashion show. Explain the changes and how the changes reflect the history of each era.
- Make a children’s book. Construct a children’s book about either the culture or history of Italy. You can present the life of a particular historical character or event or you can explain a cultural event. Remember to make it colorful and that you are making it for children. Be detailed but keep it simple. Use colorful illustrations.
- Make a Lap Book http://appletasticlearning.com/2015/03/17/how-to-make-lap-book/
- Make a Fresco. Raphael’s School of Athens is a fresco. Make and paint a Renaissance-style fresco. http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Fresco-Painting
- Make a glider based on Leonardo da Vinci’s designs https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6YggN0ge3l0Y3hZd3dRQ2lfSmc/view
8 . Art Project. Reproduce renaissance art. Reproduce art work and contextualize it in today’s world.
8. Renaissance Biography Portfolio. Combine art and biography on your favorite Renaissance figure.
9. Ask Mr. Leverett? Complete a traditional Renaissance worksheet.
10. Got an idea for something different? Ask Mr. Leverett. He’ll probably approve it.Ask Mr. Leverett? Complete a traditional Renaissance worksheet.
- Got an idea for something different? Ask Mr. Leverett. He’ll probably approve it.
Speak with Mr.Leverett about your specific project. Pick something you will enjoy doing, Present your project on Renaissance Day. Wear Renaissance dress for even more points.
Renaissance Day Schedule
Period 3 B Wednesday 10/5
Period 2A Thursday 10/6
Period 4 A Thursday 10/6
Period 5A Thursday 10/6
Period 2B Friday 10/7
Period 3 A Mondayy 10/1o