We will conclude the unit on the Age of Discovery with an examination of the Scientific Revolution. We will see that the same curiosity that was one of the motives for exploration also was one of the driving forces behind the Scientific Revolution. We will take notes from the Scientific Revolution &Scientific Method Powerpoint.
We will examine the Geocentric and Heliocentric theories of the Solar System and Nicolaus Copernicus’ rejection of the geocentric in favor of the heliocentric view of the solar system. We will also look at the Scientific Method and the changes it brought to investigation & discovery. Afterward, you will answer the following questionsfound below in complete sentences. After you answer the questions we will finish watching the movie Amistad.
Constructive Response Questions.
Answer completely and answer all in complete sentences
- What is the geocentric theory?
- Who proposed the geocentric theory?
- Name 2 scientists who were instrumental in the formation of the Scientific method
- What theory did Copernicus propose?
- How does the scientific method & the scientific method impact you today?
- What is the name of the theory that proposes that the earth & the solar system revolves around the sun?
- How did the scientific method change the way people looked at the world?
While taking notes from the powerpoint we will also examine the video below